Here is the newest custom rom for tronsmart MK908II. Special for Geekbuying customers!
Base on the latest release of stock rom , and here is the changelog:
I put back the AOSP Android launcher and status bar.
If you want that launcher, I will provide it in a zip.
1) Rooted and new SU and Superuser applied that supports Android 4.2.2
2) Stock ROM was only 2 Gig of APP space.
BUT you also have parameter file options!
There are also 1gb, 2gb, 4gb and 6gb options.
Read below for how to change that in the flash tool.
Realize if you use this 6gb option, internal SDcard will only have about 600 megs of free space!
3) Debloated of junk APPs and Google Apps you can get from Google Play.
I also updated Google Play and required Google APPs to the latest version.
4) As always, full init.d support! If you do not know what that is… ignore it. For geeks that want to use it. It is there!
5) I re-enabled location services. This is now in the settings menu.
Tested and working with all APPs that use it.
Remember to turn off GPS as we have no GPS.
6) I also re-enabled accessibility options in settings.
7) Gameloft fix. Rockchip sources now have this fix in!
They We at Freaktab learned this fix from Chistian Tory. Then FreakTab dev’s passed it on to Minix, then this got to Rockchip!
Amazing! All RockChip ROMs have had this GameLoft issue for 3 years. Now because of us Android lovers, RockChip finally fixed this!
I am proud as I am sure all FreakTab Dev’s are, to have helped Android progress even from Chip makers like RockChip!
Eventually they do listen to us users
With that said…. ROCKCHIP! REALEASE SOURCES!
If your going to use the communities developers to help you, THEN HELP US! Do the right thing!
Sorry folks… Rant over…
8) Build.prop edit to open up the Google Play store to APPs that normally say “not compatible”.
I am spoofing a Samsung device that will show almost any APP as compatible.
Your device will show up in google play as Samsung device nopt a MK908 or RKSDK! Understand this please.
I also left the original build.prop in the ROM called build.orig.
If you want to go back, just use ES FIle Explorer or a root file explorer and rename build.prop to build.old
Then rename build.orig to build.prop.
Go into settings, apps, all and go into the Google Play app. Clear the cache and data.
Reboot! You should be back to showing up as a 908ii.
WARNING if you do this, you need to be using the 1080 kernel or your screen will be oversized!
9) I added a reboot APP that will allow optional reboot options like reboot to bootloader (flash mode).
10) 1080P Kernel if you want it! Tronsmart released a 1080 kernel but faked it back to 720.
I have unpacked it from boot and made it a choice in this ROM package.
See instructions below for how to choose the correct boot.img and kernel.img
720P boot and kernel is the default setup in my flash tool.
For more information ALWAYS read the README in the ROM kit!
Here are the links for 1.5 ROM
All Credit to BOB Finless!!