Finless BOB just release another custom for the Tronsmart Draco AW80, you can check the changelog here:
Same stuff as my 1.0 ROM
1) Debloated of junk
2) Proper root which doesn’t use install recovery script! You wont loose root this way ever.
3) Updated all Google framework, Play Store, and APPs to latest and this includes superuser and SU binary.
4) Added init.d support properly (not using install recovery script).
5) Adjusted some buffer sizes. Let me know if it helps video playback!
6) Added reboot APP
7) Put in KK AOSP launcher and cleaned it up. I like the icon layout better.
8) Adjusted LCD density to 240 so text, icons and things are not so tiny.
9) Spoofing a Samsung Nexus 10 for better Google App Compatibility. Also adjusted fingerprint for release-keys. The original build.prop is in /system if you want to go back. Just rename using ES File explorer.
10) Did a little theming
NEW STUFF in 1.1
1) I adjusted the DDR memory clock speed for video playback. It was set really low for some reason. I did not over clock but I brought up the speed to the same as home screen for running APPs. For me this seems to have really improved video playback skips.
BUT I NEED you picky guys to tell me how it worked for you.
PLEASE WATCH BOX TEMPS! Mine are OK but I did not play a huge amount of movies all the way through! Just keep an eye on it while testing.
2) Fixed live wallpapers and handler
3) Fixed Google calendar and contacts sync. In fact fixed all Google sync issues. However, the Google contacts APP wont work (phone emulation is ripped from the ROM) so find another contacts APP.
4) Added back some missing frameworks needed for some APP compatibility! So you should have more apps showing compatibility.
5) Fixed up some missing permissions and XML files Google looks at. Again should improve APP compatibility.
6) Fixed Location Services. Now Google Earth, Maps, or any other APP needing location services will work. Remember to turn it on as I left it off by default!
7) Camera APP is now fixed and works! I tested it with my Logitec C110.
8) Some other tweaks here and there that I do not fully remember now… Sorry… But here are some.
Added busybox (it was missing), Stock AOSP Email and MS Exchange added, Text to Speech now fixed, fix missing libraries and bad libraries, other stuff I do not remember now…
Also you can get the custom rom download link here
Update method is here:
some end-users review:
Outstanding – This is The One to Beat
OK, I can’t claim this is a rigorous test – but after all the Draco roms I’ve sampled, I can quickly discern performance where it counts: Bob, you’ve done it. This is the one to beat.
1. General feel/interface: everything is quicker, there’s that trademark Finless ease to the interface, menus, and page transitions. Playstore downloads are fast, apps open quickly, the stock browser is really slick.
Antutu score, not surprisingly, surpasses that on the original Fantasy rom:
2. 1080p: 4 different high-quality streams in XBMC streamed well-nigh perfectly. The smoothest playback I’ve seen on this box. Note: NO frame skips or drops with any of the 4.
Beyond technical excellence, your tweaks to frame buffers and video memory speed pay off hugely in the overall smoothness of tricky panning and fast action scenes where every other rom falls down: very little or no micro-stutter at all- that’s a major performance boost, which could only be enhanced with frequency switching.
3. NAS playback is similarly boosted; two blu-ray 1080p mkvs played as smooth as butter in MX Player Pro.
4. LAN (ethernet) SpeedTest speaks for itself:
In just two rapid installments, you have lifted this a80 box to a completely new level.
So seems a really nice custom rom for the Draco aw80, You can try it, and leave your feedback below. I will communicate with Bob Finess.
Get the origional Tronsmart Draco aw80 here: