Mk808b plus is a new tv stick which base on the amlogic m805 chip. We are selling well for this model, and as usual, we ask our friends to help to make the custom rom for it. and hope the geekbuying customers can enjoy this. here we go:
Custom Rom Changelog:
1) It roots the ROM properly and is not using any scripts!
Let me tell you Rooting on Kitkat in the ROM itself gets harder all the time to do it correctly and not using scripts! Once again due to changes with SuperUser and SU with SELinux, it was more difficult to root the ROM so it did not need to update the SU binary on first boot! Enjoy…
2) Updated Google framework core files. The ones in the stock ROM were out of date.
On first boot NOTHING will need to be updated once you logon to Google Play.
That is as of this date.
3) Debloated of junk APPs and Google Apps you can get from Google Play.
There was quite a few useless apps! Some I have no clue what they even were!
I did remove XBMC and other pre-install APPs as well. I like a CLEAN ROM that you the user can setup the way you want.
Having APPs in /system leaves that junk in there forever (unless you delete them by hand with a root explorer).
NOTE: The XBMC that came with the stock ROM is in this ZIP package. Feel free to install it if you like.
4) As always, full init.d support! If you do not know what that is… ignore it. For geeks that want to use it. It is there!
This time around due to updated security in 4.4, init.d was a lot harder to get working.
Again I had to figure it out!
5) I add the AOSP Launcher and modified several things:
Removed the Google search bar by request.
Added more than one screen for scrolling.
Updated the dock icons to things more useful.
Apps installed with Google Play will automatically be added to the home screen.
I think you will like this launcher better
6) I give you a TWRP recovery! Yes this flashes a TWRP recovery to NAND.
This one has been fixed with MK808B-Plus kernel and KO modules as well as fixed errors due to fstab.
Now, understand how recovery works.
If you put a recovery.img on External SDcard the box will boot that recovery instead of TWRP in NAND.
In this package I give you a stock recovery.img.
Just copy that out and put it on SDcard anytime you want to use the stock recovery instead of TWRP.
7) Build.prop edit to open up the Google Play store to APPs that normally say “not compatible”.
I am spoofing a Samsung device (Nexus 10) that will show almost any APP as compatible.
I left the original build.prop in /system called build.orig
You can use ES File Explorer to edit the names and switch back if you like.
8) I added a reboot APP that will allow optional reboot options like reboot to recovery for easier updates.
9) Adjusted some permissions so stock XBMC/KODI works.
10) Carrier spoofs for better APP compatibility.
11) Fixed issues with some streaming APPs like Bell TV.
12) The usual tweaks I do for better performance e.g. TCP buffers sizes, etc etc.
13) Did a little “themeing” to the AOSP Launcher stock wallpaper.
14) Updated the boot logo to show if your booting up in 1080 or 720.
You should download the file, and unzip it, read the instruction and follow them to install this custom rom.
If you have any feedback about this custom rom, welcome to leave comment below.
Get the original mk808b plus here: