Set the best focus by rotating the lens. If it is a module with a fixed focus, the distance between the module and the object should be found in a breeze. Usually, we will get a certain thickness of material to pad under the module.
Install Air Assist
Air Assist Nozzles are only available for A40640 laser module, STL Download: 40640_3d.STL
Please make sure that the air outlet is aligned with the focus point;
Cutting MDF board requires 0.6-1.5mPa air pressure to efficiently clean the carbonized material. The MDF board needs high-pressure gas to assist in cutting. Ordinary oxygener cannot provide high-pressure gas.
The air-assisted module designed in the cavity, try to choose a clean origin, oily or unclean origin may be Causes the lens to be broken at high temperature;
A40640 modules and modules with similar external air sources shall work without air assistance, and the modules designed with the cavity must work under the conditions of increased air assistance, otherwise, it is easy to contaminate the lens and cause high-temperature rupture to it.
How to measure PWM signal voltage?
Set your multimeter to the DC voltage gear. Connected the black probe to GND and the connect red probe to TTL / PWM. The display of the multimeter is your TTL / PWM voltage.
Does PWM frequency affect power output?
No, Only the PWM duty cycle determines the output power(make sure frequency is < 20KHz).
4. How to distinguish the laser modules
NEJE laser modules can be divided into three types:
- Analog type
- Digital type
- New digital type
How to distinguish them? by powering them up
- For analog type:
- the fan will always on
- with no red led on the inside control board
For digital type:
- the fan will turn on for 2 seconds when you power up your laser module.
- red led will blink 7 times when power up your laser module.
- the fan will turn off when the laser temperature is <37.
- red led will breathe when the laser module is idle.
- red led will be on constantly when the laser module is at work.
For new digital type:
- the fan will turn on for 1 second when you power up the laser module
- red led will blink 7 times when powered up your laser module, then off
- red led will ON when input PWM/TTL try turn on the laser
- red led will OFF when the laser module is idle
- the fan will turn off when the laser temperature is <37
- the fan will turn on when input PWM/TTL try turn on the laser
- the fan will turn on at full power when the laser temperature is >40
5. How to make laser module work with your control board
First: you need to know which pin is the PWM output pin of your control board
There are many kinds of control boards on the market. We can’t test each of them. But there is still a trick to figuring out how to connect. The following methods may be faulty. Please consult your control board vendor for details in advance.
Generally, the PWM output pin will have a PWM mark, TTL mark, or LASER mark nearby.
On Arduino, For Grbl v0.8 and v0.9+ with variable spindle disabled, PWM output is D12.
On Arduino, For Grbl v0.9 and v1.1+ default builds, the PWM output is D11.
For MakerBase MKS DLC v2.1:
Note for MakeBase MKS DLC with NEJE Laser Adapter: The TTL line of the attached 2p is opposite to the polarity of the makebase TTL, and two lines need to be exchanged before putting it into use. .
For CNC SHIELD v3.0:
Second: Connect the laser module to your control board.
4 ways to connect the laser module to your control board: