Yesterday we release the new stock firmware 104k4 for the tronsmart vega s89 series, today bob finless finish a new custom rom base on that, it’s amazing fast!!
1) Properly rooted using SuperSU. What does properly mean?
Android 4.4.2 requires SU to be running as a daemon now. There are many ways to run this as a daemon.
Most roots so far are using a install-recovery.sh script or if init.d is enabled, a init.d script.
This means you could lose root if messing with these scripts which some rooted apps do!
What I have done is started the daemon in init.rc thus eliminating the need for boot scripts!
This took me a while to learn to do! Enjoy a BETTER ROOT!
2) Updated Google framework and Play Store core files. The ones in the stock ROM were out of date.
On first boot NOTHING will need to be updated once you logon to Google Play.
3) Debloated of junk APPs and Google Apps you can get from Google Play.
There was quite a few useless hidden apps in this KitKat release! Some of them did not even work.
I did remove XBMC and other pre-install APPs as well. I like a CLEAN ROM that you the user can setup the way you want. Having APPs in /system leaves that junk in there forever (unless you delete them by hand with a root explorer). If you want the original XBMC APP then download it from Geekbuying.com
4) As always, full init.d support! If you do not know what that is… ignore it. For geeks that want to use it. It is there!
5) Build.prop edit to open up the Google Play store to APPs that normally say “not compatible”.
I am spoofing a Samsung device (Nexus 10) that will show almost any APP as compatible.
This should also allow Netflix HD but I have not tested it.
Your device will show up in google play as Nexus 10 device not a Vega S89! Understand this please.
I also left the original build.prop in the ROM called build.orig.
If you want to go back, just use ES FIle Explorer or a root file explorer and rename build.prop to build.old
Then rename build.orig to build.prop.
Go into settings, apps, all and go into the Google Play app. Clear the cache and data.
Reboot! You should be back to showing up as a Vega.
7) I added a reboot APP that will allow optional reboot options like reboot to recovery for easier updates.
8) Carrier spoof (T-Mobile) for better APP compatibility.
9) The usual tweaks I do for better performance e.g. TCP buffers sizes, etc etc.
10) Added bonus! CPU fixer patches!
In this ZIP is a CPU_fixer folder. These zips can be used to adjust your minimum CPU frequency and Governor.
See the README.txt in that folder for an explanation and how to install them.
the XBMC apk you might need is here