this is the newest custom rom for minix neo x7, base on minix’s new stock rom, as you may know, minix did some work, and block the adb pushing, so it is hard to root the minix neo x7 with the usual method. if you want a rooted NEO X7, then now you have to flash this custom rom instead.
here we go:
Features and release notes for my 1.7 ROM:
1) Rooted and new SU and Superuser applied that supports Android 4.2.2
2) This time I did not change the parameter file.
With 16GB and 4GB allocated for APPs, this seems like a good balance.
However, I added a 8GB, 10GB and 14GB parameter file by request.
3) As always, full init.d support! If you do not know what that is… ignore it. For geeks that want to use it. It is there!
4) All Google required APPs updated to the latest version as of this ROM build.
This includes the play store and other required Google CORE and APPs.
Minix stock ROM had a very old Play Store and GMS Core.
Updating caused bugs with constant asking for a credit card!
This is now fixed.
5) ADB was not allowing ADB push commands and giving permission denied.
This is now fixed
6) Gameloft fix. I did not have to apply this! Minix is learning and used my patch!
7) Build.prop edit to open up the Google Play store to APPs that normally say “not compatible”.
I am spoofing a Samsung device that will show almost any APP as compatible.
Your device will show up in google play as Samsung device not a X7!
Understand this please.
I also left the original build.prop in the ROM called build.orig.
If you want to go back, just use ES FIle Explorer or a root file explorer and rename build.prop to build.old
Then rename build.orig to build.prop.
Go into settings, apps, all and go into the Google Play app. Clear the cache and data.
Reboot! You should be back to showing up as a Minix Nexo X7.
8) I give you a choice of boot.img’s.
One enables Airpin and one does not.
I personally do not use Airpin so if you do not either then boot1080no_air.img will remove it.
Why have the annoying airpin service if you do not use it!
boot1080no_air.img is the default in my flash tool.
9) Of course as always I debloated the ROM of Apps!
Starting with a clean ROM is important depending on what you want to use your X7 for.
Why have APPs burning resources if you never use them?
This time I also removed all the RK Launcher and tools (LauncherNew.apk, RKSettings, etc).
Also Minix had some hidden APPs that were of no use. Not sure why this crap was in the ROM?
10) 720P kernel if your TV does not support 1080P
I have supplied a patched 720P kernel made from the stock 007 kernel.
It is in the folder FinlessROM/720p_kernel_boot
See below for how to use this in the flash tool.
11) A full set over overclocked kernels!
In the folder FinlessROM/oc_1080_kernels are a good set of OC kernels.
The file names explain what they do.
If you do not understand what the names mean, maybe you should not overclock!
USE at you own risk.
Special thanks to FreakTab developer phjanderson for making the patch-o-matic tool to easily make these kernels!
FYI, I modified Mr. Anderson’s patch-o-matic scripts to add more CPU scaling from min to max.
You get 7 scaling levels where his tool today only gives 3.
12) I added a reboot APP that will allow optional reboot options like reboot to bootloader (flash mode).
Use this to easily get into flash mode to change boot.img’s or later kernels!
For more information and how to install drivers, flash this ROM, etc, ALWAYS read the README.TXT in the ROM kit!
Here is the link for Android 4.2.2 – Minix Neo X7 – Finless 1.7 ROM
ROM -> Minix Neo X7 – Android 4.2.2 – Finless 1.7 ROM (336 megs)
Here is a set of 720P OC kernels
ROM -> Minix Neo X7 – 720P Overclock Kernels (68 megs)