Last week, we release the new stock firmware for Tronsmart Promethues, BOB Finless on freaktab just do a very quick job, and release this new custom rom. Thanks!!!
Here is the changelog for this custom rom:
1) Rooted with an updated SU and Superuser.apk that works with 4.2.2
2) I have added the Google Play Store without all the junk Google apps!
3) I updated the play store and any APPs that needed it except Search.
For some reason I cannot update that in the ROM.
Bottom line as of May 25, nothing should need to be updated except Google Search.
4) Debloated of a huge amount of crap apps!
The Google play patch added so much stuff it just had to be removed!
Also I remove all the other BS bloat in this stock ROM.
5) As always, I added full init.d support!
If you do not know what that is… ignore it.
For geeks that want to use it. It is there!
To set it up, install a updated busybox from Google Play.
Boot.img has been edited to automatically setup init.d once the new busybox is installed.
6) Gameloft fix. This fixes Gameloft games from crashing to the desktop.
Many of them do not run and crash to the desktop. This is due to a license check based on the
device. That is now fixed.
I use the game Asphault 7 or wonder zoo to test this patch. They now work.
Special thanks to Christian Troy for inventing this fix. I modded it for this ROM.
7) Phone carrier fix for Google Market unlock (more APPs show up).
For some reason this was not built in like other stock ROMs.
8) Build.prop edit to open up the Google Play store to APPs that normally say “not compatible”.
I am spoofing a Samsung device that will show almost any APP as compatible.
Your device will now NOT show up as a Prometheus device to Google Play!
Understand this please.
I also left the original build.prop in the ROM called build.orig.
If you want to go back, just use ES FIle Explorer or a root file explorer and rename build.prop
Then rename build.orig to build.prop.
Go into settings, apps, all and go into the Google Play app. Clear the cache and data.
9) Put back in the Default 4.2.2 Launcher in case you do not like the new one.
On first boot you can choose which launcher you want
10) I Fixed the ugly default wallpaper for the 4.2.2 launcher.
I hope you like my basic carbon fiber look better?
To me it looks better on a TV screen.
11) I fixed launcher dock. Missing icons and spaces. That is now reorganized to be CLEAN.
12) Fixed the default settings.apk so it shows up in the APP drawer like it should.
13) Set the status bar at the bottom to ON for first boot.
I prefer it. But if you launch the special settings (Media center Settings) it will turn it on
and you can turn it off again.
14) In the APP Addon Folder I have put the RC Client, XBMC, and the airplay that I removed from the ROM.
Feel free to install these if you like.
Firmware Download Link
STILL, The Tronsmart Promethus is the best for Media player, it has full hardware decoding for XBMC, Netflix working great!!!
If you want a good media box, just go for it.