Bob is working out this new firmware base on the new 004 stock firmware release by Minix.
Thanks for his hard working.Here is the custom rom for NEO X7 quad core tv box:
Features and release notes for my 1.5 Android 4.2.2 Neo X7 ROM:
1) Rooted and new SU and Superuser applied that supports Android 4.2.2
2) This time I did not change the parameter file. With 16GB and 4GB allocated for APPs, this seems like a good balance. However, if anyone wants this changed let me know and I can make different parameter files.
3) As always, full init.d support! If you do not know what that is… ignore it. For geeks that want to use it. It is there!
4) All Google required APPs updated to the latest version as of this ROM build.
This includes the play store and other required Google CORE and APPs.
5) I enabled location services. This is now in the settings menu. Tested and working with all APPs that use it. Remember to turn off GPS as we have no GPS. I also enabled Accessibility settings.
6) Gameloft fix. This fixes Gameloft games from crashing to the desktop.
Many of them do not run and crash to the desktop. This is due to a license check based on the device.
Special thanks to Christian Troy for inventing this fix. I modded it for this ROM.
7) Build.prop edit to open up the Google Play store to APPs that normally say “not compatible”.
I am spoofing a Samsung device that will show almost any APP as compatible.
Your device will show up in Google play as Samsung device not a X7!
Understand this please.
I also left the original build.prop in the ROM called build.orig.
If you want to go back, just use ES FIle Explorer or a root file explorer and rename build.prop to build.old
Then rename build.orig to build.prop.
Go into settings, apps, all and go into the Google Play app. Clear the cache and data.
Reboot! You should be back to showing up as a Minix Nexo X7.
8) I give you a choice of boot.img’s. 6 of them to be exact!
Some enables Airpin and some do not.
I personally do not use Airpin so if you do not either then boot720no_air.img will remove it.
Why have the annoying airpin service if you do not use it!
With the 1080 kernel choice you need to use the boot1080 airpin or no air pin.
I also give you a choice of 1080 boot.imgs to enable LARGER icons and text.
For these 1080 boot.img I have made this change to default.prop
I change LCD density so the desktop has the same sized text and icons as a 720 boot.img!
People complained that with true 1080 the text and icons were too small. Thats fixed if you want it!
WARNING HOWEVER! Some APPs from Google play do not work well with 240!
If you have an APP that is not working on your screen well, your going to have to go back to a boot1080 without large!
Also if you use a 1080 boot large DO NOT try to edit build.prop in /system to change this!
It wont work because default.prop in boot.img takes priority!
9) Of course as always I debloated the ROM of Apps you can choose to install from Google Play!
Starting with a clean ROM is important depending on what you want to use your X7 for.
Why have APPs burning resources if you never use them?
This time I also removed all the RK Launcher and tools (LauncherNew.apk, RKSettings, etc).
10) 720P and REAL 1080P kernel in this ROM! The choice is yours!
I have supplied both Minix X7 720 and 1080 kernels.
These are directly from Minix and not patched by me this time.
11) Added the DTS passthrough LIB’s by request!
This was created by: stafstrom. Thanks for doing this stafstrom!!!
See here for more info: http://minixforums.com/threads/how-t…nd-spdif.2071/
The 2 files libmedia.so and librkffplayer.so have been replaced by this patch.
Should you have any trouble I left the old .so files as libmedia.old librkffplayer.old
If you want to go back just use ES File explorer
Turn on root explorer and mount system as RW.
rename the .so file to .xxx and rename the .old files to .so
12) I removed the Google Quick Search bar from the default Launcher2.apk.
If you want it back I have left Launcher2.old in /system/app/
Just use ES file explorer. Turn on root explorer and mount system as RW.
Now rename Launcher2.apk to Launcher2.xxx
Rename Launcher2.old to Launcher2.apk
13) I added a reboot APP that will allow optional reboot options like reboot to bootloader (flash mode).
Use this to easily get into flash mode to change boot.img’s or later kernels!
Also in this release Minix removed the power down option in the status bar power button menu!
Not sure why? But the Reboot APP will power down the X7 properly.
14) I have provided a extra 14GB parameter file so you can set 14GB of APP space leaving 500mb left for internal SDcard.
ONLY use this if you know what your doing! If you use this, the first boot time is LONG!
This was added by special request.