Here is the newest and best custom rom for CX-919 quad core tv sticks right now. Thanks to Bob Finless again, you are the man!
1) Rooted and new SU and Superuser applied that supports Android 4.2.2
2) I give you APP space size choices!
There are also 2gb, 4gb and 6gb parameter file options.
Read below for how to change that in the flash tool.
Realize if you use this 6gb option, internal SDcard will only have about 600 megs of free space!
3) As always, full init.d support! If you do not know what that is… ignore it. For geeks that want to use it. It is there!
4) All google required APPs updated to the latest version as of this ROM build.
This includes the play store and other required Google APPs.
5) I enabled location services. This is now in the settings menu. Tested and working with all APPs that use it. Remember to turn off GPS as we have no GPS. I also enabled Accessibility settings.
6) Gameloft fix. This fixes Gameloft games from crashing to the desktop.
Many of them do not run and crash to the desktop. This is due to a license check based on the device.
Special thanks to Christian Troy for inventing this fix. I modded it for this ROM.
7) Build.prop edit to open up the Google Play store to APPs that normally say “not compatible”.
I am spoofing a Samsung device that will show almost any APP as compatible.
Your device will show up in Google play as Samsung device not a CX-919 or RKSDK!
Understand this please.
I also left the original build.prop in the ROM called build.orig.
If you want to go back, just use ES FIle Explorer or a root file explorer and rename build.prop to build.old
Then rename build.orig to build.prop.
Go into settings, apps, all and go into the Google Play app. Clear the cache and data.
Reboot! You should be back to showing up as a CX-919.
8) Kernel choices including all 6 frame skipping FIX kernels! These work well!
Special thanks to Freaktab user Sam321 and Hoabycsr!
I also give you the stock latest kernels but these still have the frame skipping issue!
They are supplied for people that want to use them anyway.
Sam321 No Overclock 720 frame skip fix
Sam321 No Overclock 1080 frame skip fix
Hoabycsr No Overclock (400mhz) 720 frame skip fix
Hoabycsr No Overclock (400mhz) 1080 frame skip fix
Hoabycsr Overclocked (800mhz) 720 frame skip fix
Hoabycsr Overclocked (800mhz) 1080 frame skip fix
I set the flash tool to use Sam321 No Overclock 720 kernel.
9) I also supply the needed 720 and 1080 boot.img’s. By default the flash tool is set to boot720.img
10) New power button on status bar functionality!
If you click the power button on the status bar once, it puts the CX-919 to sleep mode. Moving the mouse wakes it up.
If you HOLD the mouse button down on the power button you will get a pop up dialog with 3 buttons:
Sleep, power off, reboot.
Sleep – This works like above.
Power off – This works but note the LED is still on as there is still power applied.
10) I added a reboot APP that will allow optional reboot options like reboot to bootloader (flash mode).