This is the Android 4.1 Custom ROM for Tronsmart T428 quad core mini pc.
Firmware Download Link Click here
1) Rooted and SU and Superuser per my usual 4.1.1 ROMs.
2) I did quite a bit of clean up to init.rc and other junk that this ROM had and came from.
It was made for a tablet thus had stuff we do not need. I cleaned up as much as I could find.
This was not something I did for the MK908 ROM. I learned more doing this ROM.
3) I added a low level but very good busybox. It does not have everything but I like it for simplicity.
If you want you can install a larger busybox from Google Play.
4) Stock ROM was only 1 Megs of APP space.
BUT you also have parameter file options!
There are also 2gb, 4gb and 6gb options.
Read below for how to change that in the flash tool.
Realize if you use this 6gb option, internal SDcard will only have about 600 megs of free space!
5) As always, full init.d support! If you do not know what that is… ignore it. For geeks that want to use it. It is there!
6) I enabled location services. This is now in the settings menu. Tested and working with all APPs that use it.
remember to turn off GPS as we have no GPS.
7) This ROM does not have a built in “hide status bar”
It also allows screen rotation in APPs.
So I have added to APPs for you to use!
full!screen which is a cool APP that allows you to control hiding of the status bar.
Rotation Locker which will allow you to stop APPs from rotating the screen.
8) Build.prop edit to open up the Google Play store to APPs that normally say “not compatible”.
I am spoofing a Samsung device that will show almost any APP as compatible.
Yuur device will show up in google play as Samsung device nopt a T428 or RKSDK! Understand this please.
I also left the original build.prop in the ROM called build.orig.
If you want to go back, just use ES FIle Explorer or a root file explorer and rename build.prop to build.old
Then rename build.orig to build.prop.
Go into settings, apps, all and go into the Google Play app. Clear the cache and data.
Reboot! You should be back to showing up as a Minis Nexo X5.
9) This ROM does not have a built in power off.
I added a reboot APP that will allow optional reboot options like reboot to bootloader (flash mode).
Power off now works using this APP.
10) USB mass storage support.
Stock ROM this is set as a MTP device and there is no longer settings support to change it in 4.2.2!
I modified build.prop to change it from MTP to Mass Storage as I prefer this as it gives removable storage
for the external SDcard as well as internal SDcard.
On boot up if your connected to a PC you will get a start screen telling you USB is connected.
This is how a tablet works too. If you turn it on from this screen you will see your removable
drives on your PC.
I removed the USB on/off setting as it did not work at all so was useless.
This is also why I changed it to Mass storage.
If you want to change it back, just edit build.prop.
As reported: Netflix, Hulu, Xbox 360 controller, and Droidmote , gameloft games all working in this ROM.