This rom is coming from bob, we really need to say thank you for his hard working on these mini pcs.
Here is what bob talking:
This is a BETA TEST ROM!
While I am pretty confident in it, you will be crash test dummies. I have tested it the best I can. There is a good chance this will become the launcher version but for now I need people to test it and provide feedback.
So why 2 versions?
Imito released a new ROM Feb. 2013. It is suppose to make wifi better. I personally do not see it.
The new 720P kernel will work with wifi system drivers and boot.img from previous ROMs. But not the other way around! e.g. the new wifi system drivers and boot.img will not work with previous kernels. Thus unless I do 2 versions you will not have 1080P in this ROM.
My 1.7a uses wifi/BT drivers and boot.img declarations from the previous Imito ROM. For 720P it uses the new Feb 4th kernel. For 1080P it uses the Imito kernel from Dec. 2012.
My 1.7b is pure for wifi fix from Imito. It uses the latest Feb 2013 wifi system drivers / boot.img declarations and the new 720P kernel. However as I said, in 1.7b there is no 1080P kernel supplied because wifi will not work with these new drivers and old kernels. Why Imito only released a 720 kernel for this new release is beyond me!
Thus 2 releases. You guys can choose which is best. It might solve wifi issues for some people.
PERSONALLY duing a crap load of testing, I find the “mix” I made to be better! Wifi analyser shows a better siganl with 1.7a then 1.7b. But again, if you must have true 1080P kernel, then your stuck with 1.7a. My choice is 1.7a for my MX1.
OK enough of all that, on with whats in the new ROM.
Features and release notes for my 1.7 ROM:
This is an enterly new system. This is not much from the original Imito MX ROM in this as fas as system goes.
Many features from my 1.5 ROM are of course in this along with new features.
1) New “auto hide” status bar! To enable this go into settings>Display and turn it on.
Now anytime you run an APP it will automatically hide the status bar. Please note, some badly written APPs
can leave you in a stuck condition that you cannot exit the APP. You will need you keyoard exit key.
2) While you in settings>display there is another feature to force the settings menu icon in the status bar.
It is 3 dots vertically. NOw anytime you in a APP that has a settings capability, if you click that you get settings!
3) Lock screen is back friends! Now is settings>security you can
a) Disable the lock screen completely (default is slide)
b) Setup a pattern for lock screen
c) Setup a PIN for lock screen
d) Setup a password for lock screen
4) Sleep is back like a tablet!!!! Go into settings>display and you can turn on sleep!
Now understand how this works
a) If there is no wifi or ehternet connection the Imito MX when it goes to sleep will power off.
b) If there is a connection, it will simple go into low power mode and turn the display off. Moving the mouse turns it back on again
5) I enabled location services. This is now in the settings menu. Tested and working with all APPs that use it.
remember to turn off GPS as we have no GPS.
6) New “grid” style launcher available as a choice of launcehrs.
Some people still want the Alternate launcher that comes with many TV sticks for EZ TV use.
I took this from the Neo X5 ROM as I liked it better than previous versions. This of course comes with the RK settings as well.
If you want to remove this just use ES File explorer and delete these files from /system/app
Now just reboot and all this will be gone.
7) Gameloft fix. This fixes Gameloft games from crashing to the desktop.
Many of them do not run and crash to the desktop. This is due to a license check based on the device.
Special thanks to Christian Troy for inventing this fix. I modded it for this ROM.
8) Build.prop edit to open up the Google Play store to APPs that normally say “not compatible”.
I am spoofing a Samsung device that will show almost any APP as compatible.
Your device will show up in google play as NOT a Imito MX device! Understand this please.
I also left the original buiild.prop in the ROM called build.orig.
If you want to go back, just use ES FIle Explorer or a root file explorer and rename build.prop to build.old
Then rename build.orig to build.prop.
Go into settings, apps, all and go into the Google Play app. Clear the cache and data.
Reboot! You should be back to showing up as a Imito.
9) Rockchip just released a updated libstagefright.so to try and fix HW decoding issues in XBMC.
Ihadd added this ot the ROM but have not fully tested it yet.
See info here regarding this new library.
10) As always, full init.d support! If you do not know what that is… ignore it. For geeks that want to use it. It is there!
11) RK Mirrioring is enabled. I have yet to figure it out or how to use it but if we ever do, its there.
I think we need a client on our tablets to use it. Hopefully more info will come from WiMo about this.
12) Remote Control using RK Remote APP is now fully supported!
In the ROM kit is a RKRemoteControl.apk.
You install this on your phone or tablet and now it can remotly control your TV player!
Just put the APK on sdcard or something and install it on your Android phone, tablet, etc.
ENJOY this one! I had a HARD TIME getting it to work!
13) I added a reboot APP that will allow optional reboot options like reboot to bootloader (flash mode).
14) As always I added the Xbox XPAD.KO module is now injected on boot. This was by request! Enjoy!
15) I added Xbox360 keylayout to fix some games and camera spin with xbox 360 controller. Per this post here:
16) TUN.ko module is also added by request. (CIFS and MD4 are already in the latest kernel).
Be aware if you use another kernel other than whats in this ROM, you may have to manuall insmod CIFS and MD4. The files are in /system/lib/modules
OK as always for even more details ALWAYS read the README in the ROM kit.
It explains your flash options for 720, 1080, and amount of APP space you want.
Here is my Finless 1.7a:
ROM -> Imito MX1&2 Finless 1.7a ROM (250 megs)
Here is my FInless 1.7b:
ROM -> Imito MX1&2 Finless 1.7b ROM (250 megs)