BOB Finess is working with Geekbuying again for the tablet roms. As we all know, Finess is really doing good job in rockchip tv boxes, his rom rocks, now let’s check this newest custom rom from him for the PIPO M9 PRO tablet:
Features and release notes for my 1.4 ROM:
1) Rooted and new SU and Superuser applied that supports Android 4.2.2
2) 4 parameter files available to repartition NAND space (see below instructions).
3) As always, full init.d support! If you do not know what that is… ignore it. For geeks that want to use it. It is there!
4) All google required APPs updated to the latest version as of this ROM build.
This includes the play store and other required Google CORE and APPs.
Stock ROM had a very old Play Store and GMS Core.
Nothing worse that blogging up your brand new ROM with required Google updates!
5) I modified the stock launcher. This M9 Pro has a high def screen. Why not use more space.
I made the APP Drawer 8 icons wide instead of 7. This also gives more columns to the desktop.
I also PROPERLY removed the search bar on the desktop by editing the launcher.
This is the correct way to do it rather then deleting the APK which can cause stability problems.
6) Replaced the stupid provision service on first boot trying to install Pipo junk apps.
7) Build.prop edit to open up the Google Play store to APPs that normally say “not compatible”.
I am spoofing a Samsung device that will show almost any APP as compatible.
Your device will show up in google play as Samsung device not a Pipo!
Understand this please.
I also left the original build.prop in the ROM called build.orig.
If you want to go back, just use ES FIle Explorer or a root file explorer and rename build.prop to build.old
Then rename build.orig to build.prop.
Go into settings, apps, all and go into the Google Play app. Clear the cache and data.
Reboot! You should be back to showing up as a Pipo.
8) I give you a choice of boot.img’s.
One for wifi only and one to support 3G. This should help performance for those that have only Wifi.
The Wifi boot.img is setup as the default in the flash tool!
If you have 3G you must use the boot3g.img. See below for instructions on changing that.
9) Of course as always I debloated the ROM of Apps!
Starting with a clean ROM is important depending on what you want to use your M9 for.
Why have APPs burning resources if you never use them?
I also found some hidden APPs and removed those.
I also removed all the other junk launchers
10) I did some wifi tuning. Power is increased and for me this makes wifi work better!
However, it may cause slightly more battery drain but I have not noticed it.
If you want to edit it back, I can tell you how using ES File Explorer.
11) Other system tuning, file system tuning, etc I do to all my ROMs.
12) I added a reboot APP that will allow optional reboot options like reboot to bootloader (flash mode).
Use this to easily get into flash mode to change boot.img’s or later kernels!
For more information and how to install drivers, flash this ROM, etc, ALWAYS read the README.TXT in the ROM kit!
Here is the link for the Pipo M9Pro Finless 1.4 ROM
ROM ->Pipo M9 Pro – Finless 1.4 ROM (304 megs)
With this custom rom support, the pipo m9pro tablet is working like charm.
shopping link for Pipo m9pro: