We get the Android 4.0 ICS firmware for NEO X5, if anyone still prefer the ICS system, then you can try to download here:
We mirror it to dropbox, so anyone can get fast download speed, please don’t just copy and share the download link:), please make sure to add the source is from blog.geekbuying.com :))
There is flash tool and driver and firmware on the above download file. Update instruction is here:
- Download Firmware and unpack
- Turn on the Minix Neo X5 and connect it via the OTG port with the computer
- On the back is a small button called “RECOVER”. Press down gently using a paper clip (you can feel a distinct resistance)
- Turn on the device while holding the RECOVER button and release after 5 to 7 seconds
- Now Windows will try to install the driver, but will fail. In the Device Manager is now an unknown device. Install the appropriate drivers from the “Driver” folder manually (depending on your operating system 32/64 bit version)
- Open the RKBatchTool… You should see a pink or green button. If it’s pink start over from 2.-4.
- If the dot is green, RKBatchTool has detected the X5 and you can select the .img file from the firmware folder (neo_x5.img).
- Press “Restore” (NOT: “Upgrade”!).
- The Neo X5 will restart after the successful firmware upgrade. This takes 1-2min… Be patient
Please don’t stop the power when you do the upgrade, and if you use the windows 8,you should download the driver here
and you can not use the cell phone control app if you use this ICS firmware.
At last, if you still do not know how to do the upgrade, you can follow this video instruction: