Update on 15th March:
There is now a 1.7C version for the MK808 Original (non-B).
1.7b had a problem with the mouse zoom feature.
This new release called 1.7c fixes the mouse zoom function which is useful for Google Earth APP, etc.
In settings>accessability>mouse zoom
You can turn on mouse zoom and your mouse wheel when depressed and rolled will activate a zoom mode.
For this to work you need a mouse with a wheel that is also a mouse button.
e.g. in windows the wheel when depressed acts as a double click.
Also by request this time I added the Rockchip updated libstagefright.so to try and fix HW decoding issues in XBMC.
See info here regarding this new library.
Users have now tested and the wifi issues are fixed!
Some MK808 users reported wifi issues with connection rate dropping over time with 1.7 and 1.7a.
1.7c is fixed.
This ROM is from great bob, it is the newest custom rom for MK808/MK808B, ( Tested with Geekbuying Sold MK808/MK808B, all working great! ) , here is the changelog:
This is an enterly new system. This is not much from the original MK808 ROM in this as fas as system goes.Many features from my 1.6 ROM are of course in this along with new features.
1) New “auto hide” status bar! To enable this go into settings>Display and turn it on.Now anytime you run an APP it will automatically hide the status bar. Please note, some badly written APPscan leave you in a stuck condition that you cannot exit the APP. You will need you keyoard exit key.
2) While you in settings>display there is another feature to force the settings menu icon in the status bar.It is 3 dots vertically. NOw anytime you in a APP that has a settings capability, if you click that you get settings!
3) Lock screen is back friends! Now is settings>security you canA) Disable the lock screen completely (default is slide)b) Setup a pattern for lock screenc) Setup a PIN for lock screend) Setup a password for lock screen
4) Sleep is back like a tablet!!!! Go into settings>display and you can turn on sleep!Now understand how this worksa) If there is no wifi or ehternet connection the MK808 when it goes to sleep will power off.b) If there is a connection, it will simple go into low power mode and turn the display off. Moving the mouse turns it back on again
5) I enabled location services. This is now in the settings menu. Tested and working with all APPs that use it.remember to turn off GPS as we have no GPS.
6) New “grid” style launcher available as a choice of launcehrs.Some people still want the Alternate launcher that comes with many TV sticks for EZ TV use.I took this from the Neo X5 ROM as I liked it better than previous versions. This of course comes with the RK settings as well.If you want to remove this just use ES File explorer and delete these files from /system/appLauncherNEW.apkAllApp.apkRKSettings.apkRKBasicsettings.apkNow just reboot and all this will be gone.
7) Gameloft fix. This fixes Gameloft games from crashing to the desktop. Many of them do not run and crash to the desktop. This is due to a license check based on the device.Special thanks to Christian Troy for inventing this fix. I modded it for this ROM.87) Build.prop edit to open up the Google Play store to APPs that normally say “not compatible”.I am spoofing a Samsung device that will show almost any APP as compatible.YOur device will show up in google play as NOT a MK808 device! Understand this please.I also left the original buiild.prop in the ROM called build.orig. If you want to go back, just use ES FIle Explorer or a root file explorer and rename build.prop to build.oldThen rename build.orig to build.prop.Go into settings, apps, all and go into the Google Play app. Clear the cache and data.Reboot! You should be back to showing up as a Minis Nexo X5.
9) As always, full init.d support! If you do not know what that is… ignore it. For geeks that want to use it. It is there!
10) RK Mirrioring is enabled. I have yet to figure it out or how to use it but if we ever do, its there.I think we need a client on our tablets to use it. Hopefully more info will come from WiMo about this.
11) Remote Control using RK Remote APP is now fully supported!In the ROM kit is a RKRemoteControl.apk. You install this on your phone or tablet and now it can remotly control your TV player!Just put the APK on sdcard or something and install it on your Android phone, tablet, etc.ENJOY this one! I had a HARD TIME getting it to work!
12) I added a reboot APP that will allow optional reboot options like reboot to bootloader (flash mode).
13) As always I added the Xbox XPAD.KO module is now injected on boot. This was by request! Enjoy!
14) I added Xbox360 keylayout to fix some games and camera spin with xbox 360 controller. Per this post here:http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1792531
15) TUN.ko module is also added by request. (CIFS and MD4 are already in the latest kernel).Be aware if you use another kernel other than whats in this ROM, you may have to manuall insmod CIFS and MD4.The files are in /system/lib/modules.
Firmware download link: