Xiaomi Mi Band 2 has grabbed most people’s attention since June 7th. We have collected some questions from our customer for information.
1. Mi band 2 functions
Step counting, heart rate monitor, sleep tracker, sedentary reminder, silent alarm, call/APP message reminder, free password to unlock the phone.
2. Mi band 2 hardware parameters
Material: Plastic + Alloy
Waterproof Rating: IP67
0.42 inch OLED display
2nd Gen Bluetooth 4.0
ADI ultra-low power acceleration sensors
Battery capacity: 70mAh
Standby time: 20 days
Battery type: Lithium polymer battery
Input current: 45mA (TYP), 65mA (MAX)
Input voltage: DC 5V
Adjustable length: 155-210mm
Material: TPE+ aluminium alloy
1 x Mi Band 2, 1 x USB Charger, 1 x User Manual
Mi Band 2 is compatible with Smartphones with Android 4.4 system or above & iOS 7.0 system or above.
4. Does Mi band 2 has radiation? Could there be any effect on my health?
Mi Band 2 adopts low power consumption Bluetooth technology to make its radiation much lower than Bluetooth Headsets. Its radiation is much less that one thousandth of the radiation from a smartphone.
5. Does Mi band 2 has big, middle, small model?
No, you could adjust the length of Mi band 2’s strap.
Wrist strap length: 235mm
Adjustable length: 155-210mm
6. What’s the material of Mi band 2’s wrist strap and its advantage?
Wrist strap material: TPSiV
Clasp: aluminium alloy
The material of the strap is softer and more skin friendly than its predecessor models. The clasp on the strap is made of Aluminum with fine finishing.
7. What’s the material of Mi-core?
Mi core is made of Makrolon & ABS plastic with a layer of coating on the surface. It prevents your mi core from scratches and fingerprints. The back is matte finished to make it more comfortable to wear.
8. Is Mi-core removable? How to remove?
Yes, Mi-core is removable. You can remove the Mi-core from the inner side of wrist strap.
9. Can Mi band 2 display time?
Mi band 2 has a 0.42 OLED display that will show will show time, step count, distance, heart rate, calories and power left.
Notes: Steps, heart rate, left power, distance, is optional and can be set in the APP
10. Package Contents
1 x Mi Band 2, 1 x Charger, 1 x User Manual
11. How Mi band 2 counts my steps?
Mi Band 2 uses ADI accelerometer that basically reads all your movements. Combining with a newer motion algorithm, more precisely track your sports. Result is pretty much accurate.
12. What does IP67 mean?
IP First number – Protection against solid objects. (the higher, the better)
IP Second number – Protection against liquids. (the higher, the better)
13. Can I wear Mi band 2 while taking a shower or swimming?
Mi band 2 is IP67 class water resistant. You can wear it for warm water or cold water shower, wash hands or daily life water splash. Do not use it in sauna or bathing pool. But do not bring it for swimming or diving you might spoil your Mi Band 2.
14. How do I charge the Mi band 2?
See the charger in your package? Yep the one with the USB port on one end of the wire, and a cradle on the other end. Remove the core from your Mi Band and insert it into the cradle, with the two gold-plated connectors inserted head-in. Connect the USB charger to a computer, 5V power adapter with USB port, or Xiaomi Standard UK Adapter for optimum charging performance.
15. How long does it take to charge the Mi band 2 each time? Do we need to charge the Mi Band 2 for 12 hours during its first charge?
1) It usually takes about 2.5 – 3 hours to reach full battery capacity.
2) Nah, Mi band 2 uses Lithium polymer battery and overcharging doesn’t allow the Mi band 2 to store excess battery. We also don’t recommend charging the Mi band 2 only after using up all its battery because that will affect the battery life in the long run.
16. What’s Mi band 2 battery capacity and standby time?
Battery capacity: 70 mAh
Standby time: around 20 days
17. Can I use power bank to charge the Mi band 2?
Power Bank is primarily designed to charge phones, typically supporting a charging current output of 1A. Once the phone is fully charged, the power bank will automatically cut off the charging current to save its battery life.
On the other hand, Mi band 2 supports only up to 25mA charging current, which is significantly lower than a typical phone. This will cause the power bank to misinterpret as the Mi band 2 has already achieved full battery capacity and automatically cut off the charging current.
18. I have connected my Mi Band 2 for charging but it doesn’t show the charge station. Why?
1) Try re-plugging the Mi band 2 core multiple times or gently shake it to see if it can be detected.
2) Ensure that the USB port (on your computer or other device) is functioning normally by testing it on different Mi band 2 charging cables.
3) Go to your Mi Fit > Settings> My devices > Mi Band 2 to check the charging station.
19. How to check the charging progress?
Please touch the touch panel on the Mi Core to check the charging progress.
20. Should I run out of battery and then charge Mi band 2?
We recommend you charge your Mi band 2 when Mi band 2 vibrates to remind you low battery.
21. Do I need to register an account when using Mi Fit APP?
Yes, you need to register an account if you want to use Mi fit APP.
22. Where can I download Mi Fit APP?
You can get Mi Fit app in Xiaomi app store or Apple store or scan the QR code to get Mi Fit app.
23. What should I do if can’t register account inside the app?
You can create account by visiting https://account.xiaomi.com/pass/register
If you can’t receive SMS, use email registration.
24. Mi band 2 can not been detected by my phone, what should I do?
First, please check whether your Mi band 2 has power.
Second, please put your Mi band 2 near to your phone.
If it does not work, please restart buetooth or reboots your phone.
25. How to sync data? What should I do if Mi Fit failed to sync data?
1) When you open Mi Fit app, it will sync data automatically. And you can also slide down in your app and it will automatically sync.
2) If your Mi Band 2 failed to sync data, try to slide down in your app first. Then quit the Mit fit app and reopen it. If still failed, please turn off your bluetooth and turn on it or reboot your smartphone.
26. Shall we need to turn on the Bluetooth all the time when wearing Mi Band 2?
Step counting, sleep monitoring and alarm do not require your Mi Band 2 to connect your phone all the time. If you are out for exercising, you only need to wear the mi band 2 out and sync the data after exercise.
If you want to use other functions lick incoming call alerts, unlock screen, and find mi band, you need to turn on the Bluetooth and keep the Mi Band 2 and phone connected.
27. When my phone is not with me, can Mi band 2 store data by its own? How long could Mi band 2 store data?
1) Yes, Mi band 2 can store data by its own. You don’t need to bring your phone when you go out for a run or sleep.
2) Mi band 2 can store data a week.
28. I’ve already started walking, why Mi band 2 didn’t count my step?
In order to reduce errors, Mi band 2 set an initial value. Only the number of steps is above 10 will Mi band 2 start counting steps.
29. How to check my steps?
1) Touch the touch panel on Mi-core to review your data.
2) Open Mi Fit app to check your data.
30. How does Mi Band 2 calculating the distance?
The distance is calculated via your Height, exercise intensity or stride frequency.So, please input the correct information.
31. What factors may influence Mi band 2’s accuracy?
Do fill in your sexuality, height, weight, age honestly. If not, it will affect your personal sports data. Besides, if you swing your hand Mi band 2 will add extra steps to your result. None of existing pedometers will show you 100% accurate result.
32. When will Mi band 2 start to record night sleep?
Mi band 2 will automatically identify night sleep and also distinguish motionless and sleep.
33. Can Mi band 2 record daytime sleep?
Mi band 2 currently cannot record daytime sleep.
34. How can I unlock the phone through Mi band 2?
Simply raise your hand to close to phones, immediate and safe unlocking.
Note: This function only work with Android 4.4 and above MIUI system.
35. What should I do if I failed to unlock the phone through Mi band 2?
1) Put Mi band 2 near to the phone.
2) Please restart Bluetooth.
3) Please reset phone lock
If it does not work, please reboots the phone
Note: MIUI system must unlock by inputting password after reboot.
36. When a call comes, how long will Mi band 2 vibrate?
When a call comes, Mi band 2 will vibrate with a delay reminder. The default delay reminder is 3 seconds. You can also change the time in Mi Fit app.
37. Can I change the number of vibration?
You cannot change the number of vibration. Mi band 2 will stop vibrate until you answer or hung up the phone.
38. Why Mi band 2 doesn’t vibrate when a call comes?
First, make sure you have already turned on Bluetooth and your Mi band 2 has already connected to your phone.
Second, make sure Mi Fit app is running.
39. In addition to call reminder, what else can Mi band 2 remind?
40. How much alarms can be set in Mi Band 2?
10 set alarms.
41. How many times will the alarm vibrate?
The Alarm will vibrate 5 times, when you touch the touch panel on Mi-core, it will stop vibrate. If you don’t touch, the Alarm will vibrate once every 10 minutes.
42. Why I failed to test my heart rate?
When testing heart rate, stay still. Do not shake your arms.
43. What factors will affect the result of heart rate test?
If you shake your arms or wear Mi band 2 too tight, it will affect the result of heart rate. Please keep calm, stay still and wear Mi band 2 correctly.
Notes: The heart rate can also be affected by skin color, scar and tattoo, etc.
44. How do Mi band 2 monitor heart rate?
Mi band 2 monitor hear rate through PPG (Photo Plethysmo Graphy). The theory is that blood is red, it will reflect red light and absorb green light. Mi Band 2 uses this theory to get the blood run through your wrist and get the heart rate information.
45. How to check APP version and firmware version?
APP version: Go to your Mi Fit app > Settings>APP version
Firmware version: Go to your Mi Fit app >Settings>firmware version
Now, geekbuying has shipped its first batch out and the second batch of mi band 2 is on its way to our warehouse. If you want to receive the mi band 2 as soon as possible, you can try with us.