Here is the newest custom rom for the Tronsmart Vega s89 series. It should work for
Trosmart Vega s89 elite
Tronsmart vega s89 16G standard
Tronsmart vega s89-h
TRONSMART VEGA S89 Series is the first 4K Android Media Player, powered by the amlogic s802 CPU, up to 2.0Ghz. Mali 450 GPU, it should be the most powerful android tv box in the world right now.
bob finless will always help to make custom roms for this device, so all credit to him. Now let’s check the change log:
1) Properly rooted using SuperSU and su binary is running as a daemon not a boot script!
2) Updated Google framework and Play Store core files. The ones in the stock ROM were out of date.
On first boot NOTHING will need to be updated once you logon to Google Play.
That is as of this date.
3) Debloated of junk APPs and Google Apps you can get from Google Play.
There was quite a few useless hidden apps in this KitKat release! Some of them did not even work.
I did remove XBMC and other pre-install APPs as well. I like a CLEAN ROM that you the user can setup the way you want. Having APPs in /system leaves that junk in there forever (unless you delete them by hand with a root explorer).
If you want the original XBMC APP then download it from HERE.
I prefer the standard XBMC 13.1 Gotham though! Uses it all the time on this ROM while testing.
4) As always, full init.d support! If you do not know what that is… ignore it. For geeks that want to use it. It is there!
5) I fixed the AOSP Launcher for several things:
Removed the Google search bar by request.
Added more than one screen for scrolling.
Updated the dock icons to things more useful.
Apps installed with Google Play will automatically be added to the home screen.
I think you will like this launcher better
6) Fix the bottom navigation bar.
There was a bug in 106K in that on first boot the navigation bar is seen and it stuck there,
even though in Mbox Settings it is set to hide the navigation bar!
Before this fix you had to go into Mbox settings>screen and toggle hide bar off and back on to make it work.
This is now fixed. It is hidden per the default Mbox settings on boot.
7) By request I added the calendar APP and it now syncs with your Google account.
8) By request I added a new KL file Vendor_03e7_Product_0d01.kl for the Mele f10pro.
Special thanks to FreakTab user Biatsch for the file.
9) Xbox and PS3 added to the ROM. No more patching required!
FYI, woomg I think is still working on PS3 Bluetooth support.
10) Build.prop edit to open up the Google Play store to APPs that normally say “not compatible”.
I am spoofing a Samsung device (Nexus 10) that will show almost any APP as compatible.
This should also allow Netflix HD but I have not tested it.
Your device will show up in google play as Nexus 10 device not a S82/S89! Understand this please.
I also left the original build.prop in the ROM called build.orig.
If you want to go back, just use ES FIle Explorer or a root file explorer and rename build.prop to build.old
Then rename build.orig to build.prop.
Go into settings, apps, all and go into the Google Play app. Clear the cache and data.
Reboot! You should be back to showing up as a S82/S89.
11) I added a reboot APP that will allow optional reboot options like reboot to recovery for easier updates.
12) Added bonus! CPU fixer patches!
In this ZIP is a CPU_fixer folder. These zips can be used to adjust your minimum CPU frequency and Governor.
See the README.txt in that folder for an explanation and how to install them.
13) 720p fix patch!
This is for people with 720P TVs and want stock XBMC to work e.g. like Gotham 13.1.
In this download is a folder with the 720P patch and a unpatcher if you need it.
In there is also the 720P patch compatible CPU Fixer patches.
SEE THE README IN THAT FOLDER for an explanation of what the 720P patcher is all about.
14) Carrier spoofs for better APP compatibility.
15) The usual tweaks I do for better performance e.g. TCP buffers sizes, etc etc.
16) Did a little “themeing” to the system. I hope you like it. I do
Get the original Tronsmart VEGA S89 from Geekbuying.com