Here is the newest custom rom for the Tronsmart MK908II, hope you guys enjoy it!
1) Rooted and new SU and Superuser applied that supports Android 4.2.2
The stock Tronsmart ROM was rooted but NOT CORRECTLY! And was using an old version!
2) Stock ROM was only 2 Gig of APP space.
BUT you also have parameter file options!
There are also 1gb, 2gb, 4gb and 6gb options.
Read below for how to change that in the flash tool.
Realize if you use this 6gb option, internal SDcard will only have about 600 megs of free space!
3) Debloated of junk APPs and Google Apps you can get from Google Play.
I also updated Google Play and required Google APPs to the latest version.
You should not have to update anything as of this date. Nice and clean
4) As always, full init.d support! If you do not know what that is… ignore it. For geeks that want to use it. It is there!
5) Build.prop edit to open up the Google Play store to APPs that normally say “not compatible”.
I am spoofing a Samsung device that will show almost any APP as compatible.
Your device will show up in google play as Samsung device not a MK908ii! Understand this please.
I also left the original build.prop in the ROM called build.orig.
If you want to go back, just use ES FIle Explorer or a root file explorer and rename build.prop to build.old
Then rename build.orig to build.prop.
Go into settings, apps, all and go into the Google Play app. Clear the cache and data.
Reboot! You should be back to showing up as a 908.
WARNING if you do this, you need to be using the 1080 kernel or your screen will be oversized!
6) I removed the pre-install crap APPs.
7) VSYNC patched kernels! Yep the stock kernel in this ROM has micro frame skipping.
Sometimes I just get Tronsmart! They fix it in some of their devices but not in others.
Anyway, micro frame skipping is patched in all the supplied kernels in the ROM.
8) Kernel choices:
Yes I give you TRUE 1080P kernel! I patched the stock kernel myself!
There are also matching boot.img’s.
The boot1080.img will give you large icons (like 720P) with a 1080P kernel.
Note: DO NOT use boot1080.img with a 720 kernel or your screen will be all jacked up on boot!
9) I also provide some overclocked kernels! See below.
10) I added a reboot APP that will allow optional reboot options like reboot to bootloader (flash mode).
11) My usual patches and updates for performance.