update on 18th Dec. MINIX just release the beta 2 version of xbmc.
* Working MPEG2 acceleration
* New GFX
* Handle issue with bottom ghost pixels on some vids
* External players support
* Do not handle POWER button in XBMC (solves issue when using the remote power button)
* Remove HDMI audio option (prevent passthrough issues)
MINIX just send us an email, and said, they are working with XBMC team, and release a BETA MINIX Edition XBMC. you can get the APK here:
why it call MINIX Edition?
Because it is just for MINIX device, other rockchip device can’t use this edition;
What is the difference with other XBMC version?
As we all know, Rockchip don’t open source, so it is hard to use internal XBMC player to watch the 1080p video, however, This MINIX XBMC Edition will make the internal player work with 1080p video.
SO what is the detail of this version, check what MINIX said:
It has been optimized for the Rockchip VPU, so you’ll get better video performances than on a generic XBMC.
– VC1 and VP8 accelerated. Still issue with MPEG2.
– It contains the passthrough hack
– It has a distinctive android signature, so you can install it alongside any other XBMC. With further updates, you won’t loose your settings.
– It is based on Frodo (12.x)
This is just a Beta version, they are collecting feedback, and will release offical version soon. We are told this XBMC version should work with all MINIX serious, like NEO G4, NEO X5, NEO X7, NEO X5MINI, NEO X7MINI, but make sure you are use the latest stock firmware on those device.
Here is a video review for this version from our friends Somecooltech 🙂
WELL DONE, MINIX, this is a big plus to your device. let’s just hope the official edition release.