We haven’t stopped updating the for our old models, today, the Finless helped to make a new custom rom base on the latest tronsmart mk908 stock firmware, here is the changelog:
0) Sorry I hated the new launcher provided with this ROM. It sucks in my opinion!
So I put back the AOSP Android launcher.
1) Rooted and new SU and Superuser applied that supports Android 4.2.2
2) Stock ROM was only 2 Gig of APP space.
BUT you also have parameter file options!
There are also 1gb, 2gb, 4gb and 6gb options.
Read below for how to change that in the flash tool.
Realize if you use this 6gb option, internal SDcard will only have about 600 megs of free space!
3) Debloated of junk APPs and Google Apps you can get from Google Play.
I also updated Google Play and required Google APPs to the latest version.
4) As always, full init.d support! If you do not know what that is… ignore it. For geeks that want to use it. It is there!
5) I re-enabled location services. This is now in the settings menu.
Tested and working with all APPs that use it.
Remember to turn off GPS as we have no GPS.
6) I also re-enabled accessibility options in settings.
7) Gameloft fix. Rockchip sources now have this fix in!
We at Freaktab learned this fix from Christian Tory. Then FreakTab dev’s passed it on to Minix, then this obviously got to Rockchip!
Amazing! All RockChip ROMs have had this GameLoft issue for 3 years. Now because of us Android lovers, RockChip finally fixed this! I am proud as I am sure all FreakTab Dev’s are, to have helped Android progress even from Chip makers like RockChip! Eventually they do listen to us users
With that said…. ROCKCHIP! RELEASE SOURCES!
If your going to use the communities developers to help you, THEN HELP US! Do the right thing!
Sorry folks… Rant over…
8) Build.prop edit to open up the Google Play store to APPs that normally say “not compatible”.
I am spoofing a Samsung device that will show almost any APP as compatible.
Your device will show up in google play as Samsung device nopt a MK908 or RKSDK! Understand this please.
I also left the original build.prop in the ROM called build.orig.
If you want to go back, just use ES FIle Explorer or a root file explorer and rename build.prop to build.old
Then rename build.orig to build.prop.
Go into settings, apps, all and go into the Google Play app. Clear the cache and data.
Reboot! You should be back to showing up as a 908ii.
WARNING if you do this, you need to be using the 1080 kernel or your screen will be oversized!
9) I added a reboot APP that will allow optional reboot options like reboot to bootloader (flash mode).
10) I provide the stock kernel but it does have the micro frame skipping issue!
BUT I have also created Vsync patched kernels that fix the micro frame skipping!
I have set the flash tool to use a 720P vsync kernel by default.
11) 1080P Kernel if you want it!
I also created a stock 1080 kernel (has frame skipping) as well as a vsync patched 1080 kernel.
See instructions below for how to choose the correct boot.img and kernel.img
720P boot and kernel is the default setup in my flash tool.
12) By request I added TUN.KO for VPN support. It was not in the kernel by default.
Here is the link for MK908 1.7 ROM
Here is the links for MK908 1.7 ROM – OC kernel set
ALL CREDIT TO BOB FINLESS, he is really great on doing roms for those sticks!