This custom rom is based on the newest official rom for MK808B, bob help us to make this custom rom, please notice, Netflix don’t work on any android 4.2 tv stick, but on android 4.1,they are working great, so if you a netflix fans, don’t flash this 🙂
Features and release notes for my 2.1 JB 4.2.2 ROM:
1) Rooted with an updated SU and Superuser.apk that works with 4.2.2
2) Debloated of a huge amount of crap apps!
Oh and the stock ROM was wasting a ton of NAND space!
They had defined system.img to be DOUBLE that of normal ROMs.
This was to handle the huge system.img that they filled with a ton of bloat!
I reduced the parameter file from 200000 for system back to 100000 after debloat.
Realize that with these reduced parameter files, the original system.img wont fit.
So to go back to stock ROM you will need to erase NAND and use the original parameter files.
I have provided the original parameter file in the ROM kit named parameter_original.
3) As always, full init.d support! If you do not know what that is… ignore it. For geeks that want to use it. It is there!
4) Gameloft fix. This fixes Gameloft games from crashing to the desktop.
Many of them do not run and crash to the desktop. This is due to a license check based on the device.
Special thanks to Christian Troy for inventing this fix. I modded it for this ROM.
5) Phone carrier fix for Google Market unlock (more APPs show up).
For some reason this was not built in like other stock ROMs.
6) I unlocked hidden settings:
7) New “grid” style launcher available as a choice of launchers.
Some people still want the Alternate launcher that comes with many TV sticks for EZ TV use.
I took this from another 4.2.2 ROM. This of course comes with the RK settings as well.
If you want to remove this just use ES File explorer and delete these files from /system/app
Now just reboot and all this will be gone.
8) All Google APPs updated except Google Search
9) Busybox that I like best Wraitdu 1.19.4
10) 1gb and up to 4gb parameter files available for more APP space. 1GB is the default for the flash tool.
See below for instruction to use other parameter files to change you APP space
11) I edited framework to turn off the default “Bubbles” live wallpaper.
I hate live wallpapers on first boot. It slows the boot down and over all initial performance.
I have set the usual green leaf standard wallpaper.
I also removed the FAKE files they added to framework in they attempt they made to try a keep people from modding this ROM!
I can’t believe they are trying to go to this level and protect the ROM and keep people from editing it easily!
That’s fixed! Enjoy an OPEN ROM again.
12) Changed build.prop so USB connection to PC is a Mass Storage device and not a MTP device.
This ROM has no settings to change that at all (I will fix that later). I prefer a Mass Storage device myself.
You can easily change it back in build.prop. I commented out the MTP line.
13) Build.prop edit to open up the Google Play store to APPs that normally say “not compatible”.
I am spoofing a Samsung device that will show almost any APP as compatible.
Your device will now NOT show up as a MK808 device to Google Play! Understand this please.
I also left the original build.prop in the ROM called build.orig.
If you want to go back, just use ES FIle Explorer or a root file explorer and rename build.prop to build.old
Then rename build.orig to build.prop.
Go into settings, apps, all and go into the Google Play app. Clear the cache and data.
14) Remote Control using RK Remote APP is now fully supported!
In the ROM kit is a RKRemoteControl.apk.
You install this on your phone or tablet and now it can remotely control your TV player!
Just put the APK on sdcard or something and install it on your Android phone, tablet, etc.
ENJOY this one! I had a HARD TIME getting it to work!
15) Petrus reboot APP is added
16) 1080P patched kernel baby! I patched the stock kernel to 1080P.
There are 2 kernels and 2 boots in the ROM kit. By default kernel720 and boot720 are selected in the flash tool. If you want to use a 1080 kernel then read the instructions below.
CIFS.ko, Xpad.ko, md4.ko, etc is already in the stock kernel! China dev’s are learning
Expect some rooted APPs to not play right due to the new multi-user permissions of 4.2.2
In this ROM Automatic “set date and time from network” is not turned on.
I could fix that but ran out of time for now.
I highly suggest you turn this on first!
If you do not the default date is 1970 on every boot!
Google Play does not like this so turn it on before you sign into Google.